I'm now at GF Strong in the neuromusculoskeletal wing, room 440. Their priority is to take patients from VGH, which delayed my transfer from St. Paul's. The facility is nice and the atmosphere is a lot better than the hospital. One of GF Strong's criteria is to take patients who actually have the motivation to get better, so that they are not wasting their time on people who won't try. There are also no street people here. I don't have a phone next to my bed, so calls will have to go to my cell phone. They will have to be kept short before 7pm as I only have a limited number of daytime minutes.
The food here is far superior to St. Paul's. Lunch and dinner are served in the cafeteria, and you can just keep going up and getting more food. It's like two buffets everyday. Tonight, I had three slices of meatloaf, a side salad, rice, cooked vegetables, jello, and pudding. I also got a night-time snack delivered that I haven't eaten yet. It's some sort of meat sandwich. There is a fridge stocked with juices, puddings, cheese, and bread for the taking. At St. Paul's, once dinner was cleared away, there was no food on the ward until breakfast at 8:30 the next morning. I certainly won't starve here.
We have a computer lab in the building for patient use. I can check my e-mail without having to go home. Unfortunately, there is no wireless access from my room. Otherwise I would be setting up my VOIP line there.
Games night is on for tomorrow, probably around 6:30pm. Everyone is welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's part of their rehabilitative strategy...if you want internet access, you have to get yourself to the computer lab! Sounds like you'll be gaining some weight. :)
I guess I don't have to send any food packages huh? Sounds like it's going to be a happier and more relaxed enviroment for you to do your rehab in. Call if you need anything. You know that. We'll be by to see you soon. Promise.
c.
This place doesn't feel as much like a hospital. It still is, but it's all post-acute care once people are stabilized and on the road to recovery.
They do seem to try to promote a social atmosphere, but there aren't very many people here near my age.
Post a Comment