Wednesday, July 12, 2006

27

The head nurse for my ward came in today and told me I'm number three in line for GF Strong. The two ahead of me are from VGH but may not be ready to go yet, which means I might jump past them. The soonest I'll transfer is Friday, but that is unlikely and it will probably be some time next week. Games night might just be at GF Strong next week.

I spoke with one of the neurologists yesterday and asked him how long he thinks it will take for me to get back to 100%. He said it could be a year. Next, I asked him how long it would take to walk without a walking aid. His estimate was three to four months. Nerves regrow at a rate of about 1mm per day.

When all of this is done, I want to go travelling. I'm thinking Thailand in February or March 2007 if I'm in a good enough condition by the new year. I want to ride an elephant while I'm there. I also want to sleep in a hut on a beach with the sound of the waves nearby. I'm sure Thailand also has a lot of temples and cultural things that would also be worth seeing. I need to do some research.

2 comments:

Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

I'll tell you everything I can when I get home, and show you lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Something to look foreward to always makes recovery less difficult. Keep that elephant ride in your thoughts as you work through this.