I turned on the TV in my room this week. I very rarely watch TV and it's amazing how little there is to watch, even with nearly 60 channels to choose from. I didn't even recognize most of the shows. TV just sucks you in and consumes so much time that could be better spent on other things.
The nice thing about GFS is that they have devices to measure my strength, instead of using more subjective tests. The OT assessed my grip strength when I was transferred here, and then again this week, with signs of improvement. The reading was at 30 lbs for my right hand, about 25% of what someone my age should be at, but it still shows improvement in a period of just over one week.
I saw my neurologist again on Tuesday, and we repeated the nerve conduction test. The last test was in mid-July, and this test showed roughly the same results as the previous one, which means that there is no further degradation in my nerves. All the previous tests always showed poorer results than the one before. I'll have another nerve conduction test in about a month to see if there is improvement.
I started practicing walking in the physio gym without locking my knees. I've been out of commission for so long now that I have to retrain my muscles to walk, so that I don't limp or lean side to side from locking my knees.
Things seem to be improving, but it is very tiring. I'm going home for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment