The word is in, and I'm transferring to GF Strong Monday morning at 9:30.
I was also able to stand up from a chair on my own today, but it was about 2 feet high, above the average height of a chair. Still, it's progress. My goal is to be able to get up from a sitting position independently within a few weeks, using both my arms and legs.
Unfortunately, it's looking like I won't make the Seattle Exchange this year. I was looking forward to it. I'll still be sure to get a T-shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's some of the small goals that are the hardest to achieve. It's also the most satisfying when you can do things for yourself. Enjoy what you can, but don't get discouraged by what you can't. Those things that you can't do today, you will be able to do "tomorrow"
I think this is an achievable goal. I'm getting better and seeing some definite improvements. My walking is also more stable.
That is awesome news Dan! You've got a very strong spirit and you will be up and about on your own again in no time. One day at a time and small steps. Let us know what room you're in at GF Strong and the hanging out hours ok?
PS: If you've got a "sweet treat" request/craving let it be known ok? We'll see if we can accomodate.
Post a Comment