I registered for a course at VCC. They offer certificate programs in either Substance Abuse or Counselling Skills, and both programs require a basic counselling skills course as a prerequisite. I went to an information session back in January, and they said that about 50% of the people who take the prerequisite course are professionals like me who want to gain new soft skills and have no interest in pursuing their certificate programs. The class is capped at 18 students and focuses on interaction with classmates. I'm looking forward to it. It starts next Tuesday and runs for 10 sessions plus two Saturday mornings.
Basic Counselling Skills (CNSK 1101)
Attended by thousands, this course is the prerequisite for both the Substance Abuse and Counselling Skills Certificate Programs. This practical course provides relationship building and listening skills to improve communication with clients, coworkers, friends and families. Open to those who wish to take it as a stand alone course for general interest and/or professional development. Students describe “Basic” as life changing! Self disclosure, self exploration and fluency in English is necessary. 36 hours
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment