Well.. I've managed to hurt myself. I overexcerted myself in aikido and I guess I broke something in my knees. Aikido is a lot of falling down and getting back up, so it requires a lot of lower body strength. Two weeks ago, it got to the point where I was down on the mat and I couldn't get back up.. I just collapsed. I sat out the rest of the class and hoped it would get better after a few days. A week and a half later, it was just as bad, so I went to see a doctor on Wednesday. He sent me to a specialist; my appointment is for next Wednesday. This is scary, it's affecting my mobility. If I step down at the wrong angle, my knee just gives and I fall down.
I went over to my parents' place for dinner tonight and I was contemplating whether to tell my mom yet or wait until I find out the problem before telling her. I don't want her to worry, she already calls enough to see how I'm doing now that I'm out on my own. I told her about what happened and when I left the house, she stood on the porch and watched me walk with a limp to the car. She kept standing there while I sat in the car getting ready to drive away.
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She's your mom and will worry as long as you both live. It's just the way it is. Mom wants to fix what ails her child, no matter how old you are, independant you are, or married you are.
As for the medical aspect of this, please keep us updated on what's happening. We worry about you too and want to know that you're alright.
"A friend and spouse"
Post a Comment