Thursday, April 05, 2007

High school reunion

I joined Facebook about two weeks ago. I was getting invitations so I decided to see what it was about. I have to say that the people who run this site have done an excellent job with their user interface design. It draws people in without really having any purpose or much to offer, other than virtual social validation.

I found a group for my ten year high school reunion. Someone suggested holding it in about five months on the Labour Day weekend. So far, I recognize most of the names in the 30-member group. I've been looking forward to the reunion to see what everyone has done in the last ten years, but now scanning through the names, there really isn't anyone on the list who I feel any desire or inclination to catch up with. I've moved on from high school and most of my friends now are from university or extra-curricular activities. I think I'll wait and see what the price for the night is.

No comments: