Thursday, June 15, 2006

18

Today was a better day. My team lead dropped by with a card from all my coworkers and a cool looking plant with green and red leaves. I'm looking forward to taking it home. Now I have two plants.

I had a bunch of visitors tonight. Geoff and Cindi showed up, then Adam, Mike, and Satoshi. My parents were also there, as they've been coming everyday. I think they've finally accepted what is happening. They are being more supportive and not trying to push any more. My mother says that Cindi is a nice girl.

Since it's already Thursday, it looks like I'll be in the hospital through next week. I don't feel any weaker since I was admitted, but I also don't feel any stronger. That could be a good thing. I've been on the steroid treatment now for a week. They are giving me 60mg per day orally. Normally, the human body produces about 6-7mg of steroids per day naturally.

At this point, the doctors are waiting to see if I respond to treatment. If it goes well, then I'll be on my way to GF Strong for rehab. I won't be back to 100% for months, if I can get back to 100%.

I'm also trying to type this with an IV in my right wrist, which is not easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you put the connection to immediate use! It was great to see you smiling. I get the feeling there's not been a lot of smiling going on for a while now. Keep positive and look foreward ok? It will be in the past and behind you in the near future. Keep fighting and know we're here to support you.

C.

P.S. Tell your mama thank you. She's very sweet!