Tuesday, May 09, 2006

9

Yay! More blood tests! I hate needles. The GP I saw yesterday just moved here from Port Alberni and has been practicing for 9 years. He seems good. He ordered a chest X-ray and abdomen ultrasound because of the weight loss and also some more blood tests. I did the X-ray today, but the ultrasound won't be for 2 weeks.

The neurologist I saw today took my information and did the same examination all the others did. He thinks it's a myopathy or atrophy and that it's genetic. Both my parents have to be dormant carriers of the genes in order for that to be true. I asked him to just schedule a biopsy without waiting for the genetic blood test results. If it ends up conclusive then we can always cancel it. Otherwise that's another week of waiting since I'll be further back in the queue to get the biopsy done. Whatever I have, it's rare.

He is going to refer me to a physiotherapist who can hook me up with some exercises to tone my muscles. Any other exercises could make things worse.

No comments: