Friday, November 17, 2006

43

I can now stand up off my bed without using my arms to push myself up; only my legs. I can't do it consistently yet, but neither could I stand up consistently when I was first able to, using my arms, back in September.

I've been thinking. It took me about 5 months from the first symptom until I was treated. It has also been about 5 months of improvement since then, and I would say right now I'm physically at the point I was about 2 months before I started getting better.

I'm making an assumption of a linear rate of improvement and that I don't plateau, but at this rate it is taking about 2.5 months to recover for every month I got weaker, which leaves at least another 7 months to get back to 100%, around June 2007, which is one year from when I was admitted into the hospital.

No comments: